Akemi Roppongi (六本木朱美, Roppongi Akemi) is the resident of room 6 of Ikkoku-kan and a major character of Maison Ikkoku.
She is a boozy bar hostess who is usually known to lounge around wearing skimpy lingerie clothings while hanging around Maison Ikkoku; Mrs. Ichinose occasionally complains when strangers are around, but generally the tenants have gotten used to her ways. Akemi lives in Room 6 (Roku) and works a short distance away in a bar named Cha-Cha Maru, where the tenants gather to drink when not in Yūsaku's room. She is known to let some of the bar's male patrons buy her too many drinks, and often comes home from work drunk. Because she works the late-night shift at the Cha-Cha Maru and spends the rest of the night drinking, Akemi always seems to have a sleepy look on her face. She is generally aloof towards both Yūsaku and Kyōko, but she is not above joining Mr. Yotsuya in tormenting Yusaku. Akemi will often display a blatant sexual interest in Shun Mitaka when he is around, even though she is fully aware of his interest in Kyoko. At the end of the series, she ends up marrying her boss, known only as "Master", and lives with him on the second floor of the Cha-Cha Maru.
To be added
To be added
To be added
- The name Akemi means "vermilion red" (朱) (ake) and "beautiful" (美) (mi), and her surname Roppongi means "six" (六) (rop), "base, root, origin" (本) (pon) and "tree, wood" (木) (ki/gi).
- She is among the major characters whose name involves a number. Her family name Roppongi means "six trees", which is also the name of a Tokyo district, infamous for expensive hostess bars, therefore she is representative of the number 6, which match the number of the room she lives in.
- Her real age remains unknown, but in the movie Nozomu mentions that she looks like a 30-year-old, which rises Akemi's temper to a great extent. Plus, in the first episode of the anime series, when she sees Kyōko for the first time, she remarks that she is younger than herself, which implies that she's in her later twenties.
- Akemi bares a resemblance to A-ko Magami from the Project A-Ko series, in which the two possess red hair in a similar style.
- Her voice actress provided the voice of Benten, a character from Urusei Yatsura (Rumiko Takahashi's first manga series), and Princess Ori from Ranma ½.
- Her English voice actress provided the voice of:
- Maison Ikkoku - Wikipedia. (Japanese)
- Maison Ikkoku anime; Episode 1
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|